The past few months have be challenging for everyone in all walks of life. We have strived to maintain our highest level of treatment for your pets throughout the pandemic while keeping our clients and staff safe.
We are immensely proud of how our staff, clients and their furry friends have adapted to all the essential changes. Many thanks to you all for your understanding and patience. While up to now we have needed to prioritise urgent and emergency treatments we are mindful that many of your companions have had routine treatments put on hold.
We now feel that the social distancing measures we have put in place can safely allow us to move forward with increasing our service to you. We will now be providing all vaccinations and routine consultations when needed. We will gradually be increasing our capacity for routine operations such as neutering and dentals so please get in touch to discuss booking in your pet.
As we have mentioned our social distancing measures will remain in place
- Please still ring ahead to book a consultation for your pet, our system will remain appointment only except in emergencies
- It is still essential that you DO NOT attend the clinic if anyone in your household is experiencing any potential covid symptoms
- Please inform us if you are shielding
- Pets will be collected from owners outside the building and treated by a vet and nurse inside
- Owners will only be allowed in the building under exceptional circumstances and will be asked to bring a cloth face covering in these circumstances
- Discussions before and after treatment of pets will mostly be completed over the telephone
- Most payments will still be taken by phone and we are working on other methods to streamline the process
- Telephone consultations will still be available for those clients who may have difficulty attending the clinic
- Medications can be ordered by phone and collected remotely from outside of the practice or postage arranged. As we can be very busy preparing these prescriptions we kindly ask for 24 hours notice where possible
Our Llanfairfechan surgery is still being reserved for potential use in the NHS covid effort. As a result Llanfairfechan will remain closed for the near future and we will continue to treat all pets in our Colwyn Bay Clinic. We thank all our clients for their understanding with this extra travel and will keep you informed on our schedule for reopening the branch surgery.
As restrictions are gradually lifted our pets can find changes in routine difficult too. Please keep an eye on our Facebook page or contact us for advice on how to help them cope with these changes. Our Facebook page can also keep you updated on interesting cases and clinic news.
Once again thank you all for your overwhelming support at this challenging time. We remain committed to providing the highest level of service for you and your companions
The Prospect House Team
Thank you all at Prospect House for caring for our lovely animals and coming into the practice when everything is so incertain and scary.
Pet Travel Update January 2021 for EU and Ireland
We have received several reports of Portuguese man-o-war washing upon Welsh beaches this weekend
As the days start to get longer and the weather improves we start to see new challenges for pets